The essential Thai Sauces introduced in this recipe are
- 1. Golden Mountain Sauce
- 2. Oyster Sauce
- 3. Fish Sauce
They can be used for a variety of dishes, delicious flavor guaranteed. Conveniently order them from Cooktour and get better than retail prices.
Rinse 1 cup of Jasmine Rice under cold water. Add rice and 1 1/3 cup of water to a pot. Turn heat to medium high, cover and cook rice (10 minutes). Turn heat to low and let simmer (10 minutes). Turn heat off and let rice sit (at least 5 minutes).
1. To prepare seasoning sauce mix 1.5 Tbsp of Golden Mountain Sauce and 1.5 Tbsp of Premium Oyster Sauce.
2. Use coarse setting of your pepper grinder to grind it.
3. Dice 6-7 cloves into small pieces.
4. Cut your meat/veggie of choice into bite sized pieces.
5. To marinate your meat/veggie of choice: Add 1/4 cup of water to a mixing bowl. Stir in 1/4 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix in the meat/veggie pieces and let sit for about 30 minutes.
Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan on medium high heat. When the oil is hot (after 2 mins) add meat/veggie and raise the heat level to high.
Spread the meat/veggie in the pan and cook it undisturbed (7-8 mins). Flip the meat/veggie to cook the other side. Cook undisturbed on high heat until all the water has evaporated and the meat/veggie pieces are slightly brown (about 5 minutes).
Add 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of the seasoning sauce. Stir the meat/veggie around to make sure that all the pieces turn evenly golden brown.
Tilt the pan to move the oil to one side. If you didn’t use pork you can add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add chopped garlic to the oil. Stir continuously until garlic is fragrant and light golden, about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to burn garlic. Mix garlic and meat/veggie.
Add pepper, mix with the meat/veggie. Cook for another 1-2 mins.
When using pork, Som recommends putting the pork in a strainer to remove all the fat.
Serve pork with steamed rice. Decorate with cucumber slices and cilantro leaves.
1. Cut some Thai chilies into small slices and add 1-2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce. Serve sauce on the side.
2. Serve dish with Original Sriracha Sauce .